Monday, September 16, 2013

"How Do You Like Teaching Again?"

In this past month quite a few have asked me, “How do you like teaching again?”

My response, with a grin, is, “I am the happiest teacher around,” and how could I not!

First, I get the opportunity to teach about the Creator via the amazing world He created.  Did you know the chickadee loses and gains 10% of its body weight each day, fish scales have rings much like the rings of a tree trunk, and termites are a great source of protein and taste like pineapple?

Second, I get the opportunity to share THE TRUTH about this country’s founding.  The text of our eighth grade history book is saturated with God and His hand in the formation of this great nation and clearly points to Him as the sustainer of it.

“Consequently, these Englishmen looked on the New World as a haven where they could freely worship God.  This reason for settlement distinguished the colonial heritage of the United States from that of other European colonies.”  From The American Republic by BJU Press.

Finally, I get the opportunity to share the Creator via the orderliness of mathematics.  Two plus two, two squared, and the square root of sixteen all equal four because an awesome, never-changing God created and sustains all things. Math is a testimony to God’s faithfulness, consistency, trustworthiness, and power.

I know the tremendous responsibility teaching here at MVCA and it is a task I do not take lightly.  As parents who have entrusted your children to me I will do my very best to give them the best Christian education possible with God’s help and guidance.
PS…Rest assured there has been no “sampling” of termites during a Friday lab.  The book gave us this tidbit about termites and their taste.   

No comments:

Post a Comment